Wednesday 16 July 2014

Christian versus the world

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I am a Christian and this is what I believe:  

I believe in God Almighty the Maker of heaven and earth, Maker of everything that exist, who created life and who by His power sustains the universe. I believe God loves us and would have us call Him Father.

I believe that God came in the very person of Jesus taking upon Himself the likeness of a man.  This man Jesus who is Christ, loved like no other and he was righteous like no other.  In His love he took upon Himself all the sins of the world and died in our place.  It was he who picked up the tab, he who took upon Himself the inadequacies of us all and it is His love that sets us free.

I believe that on the third day he rose from the dead to life and that he appeared to his disciples many times. I believe that he showing them the nail holes in his hand and the hole in his side where he was pierced.

I believe that Jesus ascended into heaven, and sits at the right hand of God the Father.

I believe in the Holy Spirit.

I believe that there is only one church, a church that transcends denominations, a communion of sinners made saints by what Christ has done.

I believe in forgiveness.

I believe in the resurrection of the body, a new body, the perishable clothed with the imperishable, and the mortal with immortality, life everlasting.

I believe that there shall come a time when all things will be called to account.  Where God shall judge the living and the dead.

I believe the Bible is the word of God.